The Center for DiseaseControl released some disturbing facts about the state of U.S. Heath in Washington State. Here are a few we think might be important.
- 1 in 10 Individuals has Diabetes and is expected to increase to 1 in 3 by 2050
- Only 71% of individuals with Diabetes are diagnosed making 29% unaware of the disease
- Diabetes and Hypertension is the #1 costliest conditions to employers because of healthcare cost, lost workdays, and lost productivity.
- Eye Disease cost more to consumers each year than Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer and Brain Cancer combined.
- Heart Disease is the number one cost to consumers.
- 70% of Washingtonians die from Chronic Illness from Diabetes, Cancer, or Heart Disease.
Only 1 in 8 Washington residents exercise on a regular basis
Tell us your thoughts?